Sunday, June 24, 2007

Goin' to da Country

Ever hear someone say "we're goin' to da country"? What exactly does it mean? For most people that simple phrase probably invokes a bit of laughter, and for others a bit of bewilderment. What country are ya referrin' to dere buddy? Growing up I was never a "goin' to da country" kid. We always went off camping, and fishing, etc... but we never went to "da country". Did you? If so, then this is a no brainer. You already know what I'm talking about. You can leave now. If you have no idea what on earth I'm referring to, then by the lard dine tunderin' I'm gonna tell ya.



Goin' to da country is a way of tellin' folks that you're off to your cabin for the weekend. No, it's not in another country, per se, but it's just as well it was. Cause to hear everyone talking about it, you'd swear they were off to the lost island of Atlantis to enjoy the long weekend. There's nothin' like goin' to da country bye, is what they all say.



Well, I'm seriously considering partaking in this "da country" affair, and kicking it back a notch or two. Time to give meself and da wife and da kids a piece of da country. Or at least that's what I'm considering. Now comes da hard part... finding a place of me own out dere in da country. Know any good places? If so, drop me a line and let me know where da best place out dere in da country is!

No comments: