Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Bombarded by Web Advertisements


Well I'm sure everyone can agree with me on this one... the plethora of web advertisements that exist today are so overwhelming that many times when I am on a website I just get so bombarded by the hoards of ads that are on the pages that I simply close the browser and move to a site a little more pleasing on the eyes.

I dunno if it's because I'm hitting 38 years of age and my eyesight is finally crapping out on me... or if it's simply the extreme volume of sads on the web today. Yes, that's right... I said "sads" not ads. Because to me it's 1) SAD that there are so many ads blocking up the web, and 2) most of them are "Shit" ads. By that I mean they are "S"imple "H"it me ads that require the user to hit their mouse buttons and click through to the advertising site. Advertisements on the web have not changed much in the past few years. While websites are moving into the new world of XHTML, and even into Web 2.0, the ads that get displayed are still the same old boring ads from years gone by.

A good example of this is The Telegram. I am an avid reader of The Telgram, but lately I have been apprehensive on going there because I am tired of all the Advertisements that are on the home page.

Again, is it me, or does everyone else find this as frustrating as I do.



No comments: