Wednesday, April 25, 2007

It's off to work I go I go...

Yes folks, that's right... it appears there are thousands more Newfoundlanders & Labradorians willing to make the move west. There is another Alberta-bound job fair taking place right here at home. Gone are the days of having to up and leave and go look for work. The companies are coming here looking for us. So why not right? We have the strongest work ethic in North America. We have some of the best and brightest this country has to offer. The only problem is that we don't have enough jobs for the best and brightest. To those of us that are making the move, I wish you all the best. I know what it means to work away from home, so all I can say is ".. hang in there. You will get what you want because you are a determined Newfoundlander like thousands that have left before you." To those of us that don't need to move... just yet... hang in there, because the future of this place is unknown. Don't turn your face away from this phenomenon, for it may be upon all of us before too long.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I moved to New Brunswick 10 years ago to find meaningful work. (Or at least work that pays decently.) We get home regularly. I'm not one of those who yearns to be moved back home. It IS fun to visit, but I'm content living away.

Dave, did you consider changing your commenting options to allow folks without a blogger account to comment? There's a verification-word option.

YourBootStraps said...

Hey Steve,

Actually, I didn't even realize that you couldn't comment. I will check and see what I missed when I set it up.

Thanks,
Dave

P.S.
I worked in Fredericton for a few years. New Brunswick is a beautiful place to live. I'd move back there in a jiffy. Only complaint was that Fredericton was a tough town to get to know people. St. John and Moncton weren't like that at all. At least that's what we found when we were there.

Anonymous said...

Word Verification works! Woo hoo!

Now... another demand. :-) Do you publish a comments feed?

YourBootStraps said...

Hey is that you Steve? The same guy that I worked with in Freddy?

As for comment feed, have no idea if that is an option in Blogger or not. Will check.

Anonymous said...

I noticed you added the feed link for comments on each post. However, you also have a feed for all comments on any post...

http://halfhourlater.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default

Add this somewhere on your main page or in the side bar...